You can say a lot with a little. Witness Hemingway’s short, short story: “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”
To celebrate 2009 and have a little fun, we invite Front Porch Forum members (any resident of Chittenden County, VT is eligible) to submit postings to their neighborhood forum between now and Jan. 9, 2009. Any message that has EXACTLY nine words will be entered into a raffle for the following 22 prizes…
- Three pairs of tickets to the HG Comedy Battle (Jan. 25) from Higher Ground
- Two pairs of ski/snowshoe passes from Sleepy Hollow Inn
- Annual family pass to ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center at the Leahy Center for Lake Champlain
- Gift basket of green products from Seventh Generation
- $50 gift certificate from Gardener’s Supply
- $30 gift certificate from Sweet Clover Market
- Adult (3 months) and children ages 7-12 (1 month) Aikido classes from Aikido of Champlain Valley
- Two $25 gift certificates from Trading Post for Little Folks
- PhotoCalendar (8.5 x 11) and 20-page PhotoBook combo from PhotoGarden
- Three 1-month memberships to the Woolen Mill Health Club
- Two $50 gift certificates for landscaping work (excluding snow/lawncare) from The Grass Gauchos
- T-shirt and autographed yearbook from the Vermont Frost Heaves‘ first season
- Artisan cutting board made by ReCycle North‘s Waste Not Products program
- First 2 months free of HD/DVR combo service from Burlington Telecom
Don’t delay! Post your “car for sale,” “seeking snow removal” or “lost cat” message today… or share a neighborhood resolution, poem, joke, hope for our nation… you decide. Any nine-word posting received by Front Porch Forum between now and Jan. 9 will be entered in the raffle! An individual may enter the drawing up to twice a day.
UPDATE 1: Posting a comment to this blog will NOT enter you in the raffle! You must post to your FPF neighborhood forum to enter the drawing.
Thanks to our raffle sponsors and happy 2009! -Michael
P.S. Thanks to Champlain College Professor Tim Brookes for inspiration (hey, that’s nine words!).
P.P.S. Trouble posting? Read this.