Here’s Front Porch Forum‘s spoof of the popular NPR game show. In this version, one answer is bogus, nestled in among many true statements lifted from local neighborhood forums. Can you guess the false one?
1. SIGNS OF SPRING REPORTED ON VARIOUS NEIGHBORHOOD FORUMS…
A. The whistling song of a cardinal.
B. Crocus poking their way out of the mulch.
C. Neighbors’ garbage and recycling blowing down the street.
D. Not having the car heat maxed out during morning commute.
E. The need of a good exterminator for carpenter ants.
F. Red Sox fever.
G. Free stuff set out from spring cleaning.
H. Matsuri, a Japanese festival of spring.
I. Ramps (wild leeks) popping up and tree swallows flitting about.
J. Graffiti tags blooming all over Burlington.
2. GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD EVENTS ORGANIZED THIS PAST MONTH ON NEIGHBORHOOD FORUMS…
A. Plant swap… share your perennial thinnings and pick up something new.
B. Neighborhood Green Up Day teams.
C. Park clean up and party.
D. Neighborhood-wide yard sale.
E. Weekly walking club.
F. Photography shoot of missing curbs.
G. Mud festival… a day full of mud-themed games, food and good clean fun.
3. LOST ITEMS FOUND IN APRIL VIA NEIGHBORHOOD FORUMS…
A. Run-away husky named Kiva.
B. Lots of lost cats, including Boaz the Large.
C. New pair of prescription sunglasses.
D. Bicycle and scooter.
H. Family heirloom aluminum canoe.
J. Ball cap and table cloth on a tennis court.
4. RECENT RECOGNITION OF FRONT PORCH FORUM SUCCESS…
A. Won a “Technology Fostering Community” award.
B. Won a “Community Improvement” award.
C. Invited to speak at NYC conference alongside founders of Craigslist and Wikipedia.
D. Featured in local daily newspaper.
E. Asked to lead training session of local nonprofits interested in Web 2.0.
5. TIPS FOR GETTING THE MOST OUT OF FRONT PORCH FORUM…
A. Recruit your neighbors (send them to http://frontporchforum.com).
B. Tell Front Porch Forum when you change your email address!
C. If you move locally, switch your membership from your old to your new neighborhood.
D. Send a message to introduce yourself to your neighborhood forum.
E. Search your neighborhood’s online archive for past postings (e.g., plumber recommendations).
F. When responding to a neighbor’s request, do so to the entire forum (instead of just to the one neighbor) for everyone’s benefit.
G. Post a nasty note about your next-door neighbor’s dog/cat/kids.
1. Trick question… These are all pulled from members’ postings.
2. G… No, but I’m willing to share this idea with anyone who wants to run with it. 😉
3. H… Reported lost on the Huntington River, but not yet found.
4. D… Not yet. These honors are shared with all FPF members.
5. G… Thankfully, this kind of thing almost never happens on Front Porch Forum.
0-2 Up and comer… log a few more hours on an actual front porch.
3-4 Good neighbor… nice work.
5 Neighbor of the Year!