Posted on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 by Michael
To get the most out of Front Porch Forum, and to keep your FPF account working well, please try the following:
- See your new FPF COMMUNITY CALENDAR for local events:
- Go to http://FrontPorchForum.com and click LOGIN (if not already logged in), and click CALENDAR to see nearby events.
- Or just click the VIEW YOUR FPF CALENDAR orange button or icon in your e-newsletter.
- You also can embed this calendar into other local websites or automatically add FPF-listed events to other online calendars.
- SEARCH your FPF’s POSTING ARCHIVE for past recommendations, free items, break-in reports, etc.:
- Go to http://FrontPorchForum.com and click LOGIN (if not already logged in).
- Click SEARCH ARCHIVE to look for postings from any FPF to which you have full access.
- Check daily postings from NEIGHBORING FPFs:
- Near the bottom of your FPF e-newsletter under “News from Neighboring FPFs,” click the READ MORE link(s).
- STAY LOGGED IN to the FPF website between visits (so the steps above are easier):
- Go to http://FrontPorchForum.com and click LOGOUT (if available), then click LOGIN.
- Enter your email address and FPF password, and keep the box checked for “Remember me when I come back.” Click the orange “Log In” button.
- If your web browser asks you if you want it to remember this login information, select “yes.”
- To have your login information remembered by your computer, you may need to adjust your web browser’s preferences/settings to allow “cookies” for the FrontPorchForum.com website.
- ENSURE CONSISTENT DELIVERY of your FPF e-newsletters:
- Please add these email addresses to your email’s address book/contact list: [your FPF’s name]@frontporchforum.com (i.e., the email address in the FROM field of your FPF e-newsletter) and email@example.com.
- Check your spam filter for FPF e-newsletters. If you find any, please mark them as NOT SPAM. Please do NOT mark any email message from FPF as spam.
- Tell your email provider that messages from the following addresses are not spam and that they should be “white listed:” [your FPF’s name]@frontporchforum.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you stop using your current email addresses, please update the email address on your existing FPF account (rather than creating a new FPF account for this new email address). To do so, login to FPF and click MY ACCOUNT.
Best wishes this holiday season!