Posted on Sunday, July 17, 2011 by Michael
#BTV #VT – In the past few hours in one Burlington, VT, neighborhood, folks have posted the following to their Front Porch Forum…
- I’m not sure if anyone has posted about this problem before, but there are skunks in our neighborhood! Today I narrowly missed being sprayed in my front yard… Is there anything that can be done about the problem? I hope nobody gets sprayed!
- Thanks to the magic of Front Porch Forum, our beloved kitty was found within 30 minutes of the FPF e-newsletter. Thanks a million to the kind sweet neighbor who called us right away with a tip. Our “cash prize” will now be a donation to FPF, this wonderful service!
- Sometime between 6pm on Friday and 4:30pm on Saturday, another one of the plants potted on our porch were dug up and stolen. This is the second time this has happened this summer…
- Anyone going to Boston on Tuesday, July 26th? Rowe’s Wharf ideally, but anywhere in Beantown would be great. Gas $$$ and continued discussion of neighborhood noise, if you wish.
- Looking for something to do the last weekend of July (The 29th-31st)? Why not enrich your life with some amazing folk music AND help your community by volunteering at the CHAMPLAIN VALLEY FOLK FESTIVAL. The best part?!? When you volunteer, you get into the festival for free!
- to the management of FPF – i love your new format! i’m so much more inclined to read you on a daily basis as i find the format much more user-friendly and appealing… congrats on the new look!
Each of these postings is coming from a clearly identified nearby neighbor, so one by one they weave another strand of community, helping neighbors get to know each other a bit better.
Posted in: Burlington, Civic Engagement, Community Building, Front Porch Forum, Knight Foundation, Local Online, MacArthur Fellows, Neighborhood, Neighborhood Watch, social capital, Social Networking, Stories, Vermont