Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 by Michael
I love this contest! Last year’s Nine Words for 2009 was such fun, and now the entries are pouring in for Ten Words for 2010. Enter by posting a ten-word item to your FPF neighborhood forum between Jan. 10 and 12, 2010. Ten great prizes worth $1,000 to be raffled off. Here are some samples from across Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties, plus Starksboro…
- No boredom On the Forum, Seasonal expression’s Our new anthem!
- Let’s remember how lucky we are to have each other.
- Christmas cookies, bread and pie. Mega bakings made oven die.
- Front Porch Forum, best way to get your neighborhood news!
- I have always struggled to achieve the art of brevity.
- Eloquence, utilitarianism, humor, appreciation, neighborliness, information, wishes, silliness, poetry ~ WOW!
- Did you know that Chuck Norris counted to infinity – twice?
- hockeY rink, pig rOast laUghiNG, — familieS, cookouTs, fRiEndships, bonfirEs, Trust
- Five cardinal couples are hanging out here, who’s visiting you?
- 2010: Where are all the flying cars and moon shuttles?
- Vermont in the snow. Get the skis! Ready to go! Lynne Robbins
- Front Porch friends extend an electronic handshake, our 2010 salute.
- The setting sun shimmers on the smooth silvery snowy surface.
- Alpenglow in the west Cross country skiing at its best!
- Sometimes I long for the simpler life, but with FPF.
- 2010 can be 3 or 30 depending on your addition.
- The magic of a Sunrise is inspiring for the soul
- Great seeing so much FPF activity. Incentives do work!
- Pillowcase of dreams shakes snowflakes deep over old sorrow ground
- National Gorilla Suit Day is one of my favorite holidays!
- Front Porch Forum, Agent of Gentrification? You can’t be serious.
- raw milk available thru Family Cow Farmstand, local pick up
- Who came to visit? The snow tracks let me know.
- Getting warmed up isn’t just for athletes, musicians; also writers!
- Keep Conan and Let Jay Go, Hallelujah (tune Michael Row…)
- All righty – here’s my ode to trash sheds (and a bid for some sweet local loot): Creaky doors, scurries, squeaks: a “trashy” deposit for squirrel feasts.
- Horrified children, Lifeless garden, excrement. Leashed dogs make my day.
- An awesome aardark advanced across Arizona and ate amazing apples.
- Neighbors are poets, now I know it, thanks to FPF! (I love these contests – makes me want to meet all these neighbors who are so literate and creative! Coffeehouse in the NNE, anyone?)
- Sun-soaked, elongated days knead the soul of Winter’s harshness…
- THE 2. NORTH 3. WILLISTON 4. NEIGHBORS 5. TALK 6. TO 7. EACH 8. OTHER 9. IN 10. PERSON
- …now funemployed. surfing the web now gives me no joy…
- Always love to see informative posts on Front Porch Forum!
- Meet your neighbors. Remember your neighbors. Make them friends forever.
- small condo, tossing son’s baseball cards vintage nineties, want them?
- Stimulus Money has paved the way to the Unemployment office.
- Draw connections, not conclusions. Have the wisdom to join FPF!!!
- More members make a meatier matrix- nudge a neighbor now!
- One snowman says to the next, “Do you smell carrots?”
- ORIGAMI . all ages, individuals, groups . so much fun . no failure.
- Oh Barometer, Rise! Rise! Lift the ceiling of our skies!
- The pristine snow brightens January, an otherwise cold, dark month.
- Snow falls, kids sled, woodstove cranks, yep, this is winter.
- Filled my house with plants. Free on front porch forum!
- Please help build better neighborhoods by unrequested service to others.
- Ah, January. Clean slate and fresh snow. Mind the ice.
- Bliss; have book, haven’t read. Cosy, warm in feather bed.
- Local is good. Farmer’s Market and FPF equal fantastic neighbors.
- Snowflakes suspended in speckled sky Scaredy squirrels stare in silence
- Deep within the compost heap, zucchini schemes to rise again.
- There is no way to happiness, Happiness is the way.
- In case you are curious, our chickens are doing fine.
- Winooski for work, Alburg Springs for my heart and soul.
- Surprising deep winter sight: Six baffled bluebirds quiver in birches.
- Finally! Took 2 years Druggies gone Neighborhood returned? We hope.
- Vibrating foot rest On my bed, The gray cat sleeps.
- Snow comes, Snow goes, I wish we had more Snow!
- Minimal sun, snow blankets, soup is simmering, must be January.
- Here is my entry: Be yourself – everyone else is taken.
- Have love to share, health to spare, friends who care.
- How do I love FPF? Let me count the ways!
- Where does the time go? Oh, one does not know!
- “Listening more, talking less may be the path to mindfulness.”
- Have a cervix? Protect it! Free Screening Day 2010. http://freepap.org.
- “may two thousand and ten be your new best friend!”
- Those silly, slippery skis kept me from work again today!
- “Two thousand ten?” “Twenty ten?” Either way, like science fiction.
- Luxuriating at the Essex Resort and Spa… Sounds like bliss.
- Second Vermont winter, first one with wife… gotta love seconds.
- The world wide web gets local? Why it’s about time!
- Dwelling of truth, transparency, presence, vision, restoration… curing communities – 2010!
- Shoveled two hours. Street plow. Shoveled again. Sidewalk plow. Cursed.
- Can’t wait for the snow to melt at North Beach!
- Miss Christmas tree pickup? Take it to McNeill. Create electricity!
- Telecoms, crosswalks, apts. and such, FPF fun each day, much!
- Kids bickering, dark 4:00, need vacation, settle for entering raffle.
- January 11th is a numerical palindrome… backwards and forwards… 011110.
- Just my two cents today, Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.
- Oh please, oh please grant the wish of Don Slish.
- Winter, a little hard, but living life in a postcard!
- Here’s my entry: Cold January mornings turn hot coffee into warm java love.
- FPF is a great invention: thank you Michael and crew!
- Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died
- smile, dance, hug, laugh – it makes a world of difference!
- Ice age hits southern US. Frozen orange juice on trees.
- Thanks, Front Porch Forum for all you do for Huntington.
- My Honda Civic, cracked rear bumper and light, any info?
- Snow’s deep, Frogs sleep, Phones peep, Many weep. Promises? Keep.
- Stringing words together shamelessly to win big prizes, that’s me.
- Front Porch rocks, from your hat down to your socks!
- Why a whole porch–just the front step will do!
- Bee, Ewe, Are, Ell, Eye, En, Gee, Tee, Oh!, En
- Let’s finally shut down Vermont Yankee! Call your legislators today!
- What’s a bird that flies over a bay? – A bagel
- PLEASE post, Your words mean most! Write ten, Hit send!!
- I was born at night, but it wasn’t last night. Mike Egan
- Celebrate small victories, ignore negative people, look for the lesson.
- Have you seen my barn roof? Godzilla ripped it off
- 2010, here we go, Front Porch Forum’s In the know!
- “Be The Change You Wish To See In The World!” -Mahatma Gandhi
- Do first things first, and second things not at all.
- Please watch out for evil skunks that lie in wait.
- Plip, plop. Dependable expert needed, To make ceiling leak stop.
- Need firewood? Extra hens? Noise? Snows? Front Porch Forum knows!
- Every year we all wish for the same thing, Peace.
- I am very grateful that FPF is in my life:)
- Teenage son moving back home. Need bed, bureau, and earplugs!
- Life is full of sunshine – let a little more in.
- Fabulous forum: message sent, published, received reply in five hours.
- Almost Haiku, can’t find my shovel, guess I’ll go south. Take Care, Tawny
- Shaker Hill listens. Barred owls call “who cooks for you?”¹
- Live, love, laugh, labor, lounge, leap, look, learn, be present!
- In need of styrofoam peanuts?Â Perfect for your styrofoam elephant!
- Sacrifice? Lonely Guard wife seeks answers on “War on Terror.”
- Must turn our Country to positive light with World following!
- “Jericho Tea, a pleasant event meeting friends, glad I went”
- Spaces between fingers were created so another’s could fill them.
- Is it time to swim at Maple Street Park yet?
- Desi meows outside come to visit bringing a dead mouse.
- Without Great neighbors, Great men would remain in the shadows.
- woodworking tools desired: sanders, clamps, power tools, shop vac, vice.
- Gauthier trash can remains unclaimed at George and Peru Streets.
- Does the title count? I used numerals to be safe…
- Seeking… peace, justice, joy, laughter, compassion, respect. Please reply all.
- Borrow a ladder? A brick? A shovel? Forum for leeches…
- Oh what the heck, it’s a raffle, so here goes: 2009 ended in night. 2010 holds the promise of light. Wendy
- Discarded Christmas trees roll on greenways, making headless snow angels.
- Haiku five seven five frigid night raffle entry ten words snuggled up: Starksboro forum rural Vermont cyber seeds news, sales, friendships bloom
- Second son Sam shovels snow. Five S’s in a row!
- Raffle entry: snow for sale; seeking cat removal; lost car?
- gentrification inevitable with changing demographics — communication the heart of community.
P.S. Posting a comment to this blog will NOT enter you in the raffle! You must post to your FPF neighborhood forum to enter the drawing.
UPDATE: Raffle winners announced!
Posted in: Burlington, Civic Engagement, Community Building, Front Porch Forum, Local Online, Neighborhood, social capital, Social Networking, Stories, Updates and Admin, Vermont
[…] See sample entries from FPF […]
Printer won’t print. Says, “out of paper”.
Isn’t. What next?
Meet your neighbors. Remember your neighbors. Make them friends forever.
May 2010 Be a Happy and Healthy Year for Everyone
Life is easier than you think — you have to do is this: Accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, bear the intolerable, and be able to smile at anything.
small condo, tossing son’s baseball cards vintage nineties, want them?
bob, meghan, max and henry behrens- new to the ‘hood!
resolution 2010- anyone looking to get rid of a treadmill?
To work for peace is to bring all people peace.
To work for world peace creates a world without hate.
When in doubt don’t freak out – just drink more wine!
Everyone think Spring
For the beautiful flowers and green grass
Herein ideal facilitation of real interaction. I will achieve this.
Really enjoyed your presentation in Bennington last night re: FPF and think it is a truly wonderful use of technology, linking busy neighbors and turning them into friends. Continued success and thanks for the great info!
Thanks Judith… what a treat for me to learn about Bennington. -Michael