- The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Humans don’t really change. If something feels wrong, it probably is.
- Incentives drive the world. For employees, for business development, etc.
- Truth is told at cash registers and not in focus groups. Look to the data and test a product by selling it.
- Listen to Fred Wilson.
- The network is the computer. It has to be open and all about online applications. Think Gmail, Last.fm, Mint.com.
- Think product first, marketing later. This new connected world takes care of a good portion of marketing if you have a great product.
- Barely enough money is a good thing. It keeps you hungry and makes you focussed. Helps you find what’s the core of your business.
- Companies are bought not sold. It might be a clich© but it’s true. Play hard to get.
- Good guys win in a connected world. Media has been democratized and spin control does not exist anymore.