#BTV #VT – Enter the 12 Words for 2012 FPF Raffle and win a $100 prize! Enter before noon Jan. 12… just submit a posting to your FPF that contains EXACTLY 12 words and you’ll be in the running for one of these great prizes…
- $100 Gift Certificate to Outdoor Gear Exchange
- $100 Lake Champlain Chocolates Gift Basket
- 12 Pints of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream for Each of 5 Winners
I’ll post some of the entries here later… see submissions from past years here. Happy posting!
UPDATE: Here are the lucky winners!
$100 Gift Certificate to Outdoor Gear Exchange
Stephen Handley, Bristol FPF
• To work I can not go. Head to Sugarbush – they make snow.
$100 Lake Champlain Chocolates Gift Basket
Diane Fuchs, Essex Junction FPF
• Forget the 2012 diet resolution– volunteer more hours in your community instead!
12 Pints of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream for Each of 5 Winners
Elga Gemst, Moretown FPF
• 2011: Swimming in kitchen with refrigerator. 2012: Lying on beach with book.
Jo McKay, Jay FPF
• My baby is eating solid foods. Now we need a high chair.
Jen Quavelin, Burlington FPF
• I’m thankful to live in a town where lively public discussions flourish.
Charlotte Comar, Pownal FPF
• No fishermen on Barber’s Pond – Ice too thin… ‘fraid to fall in.
John Craig, Jeffersonville FPF
• With the light always on, Community breaths through the Porch of Vermont.
Wow… we’ve got more than 1,800 entries… read more below!
- Sweat lodge on Decatur, neighbors welcome, nudity required, toasty buns heck yeah!
- Forget the 2012 diet resolution– volunteer more hours in your community instead!
- How to turn a dishwasher into a snowblower? Give her a shovel.
- Spaces between your fingers were created so that another’s could fill them!
- Nasty snow storm coming our way, seat belts on, cell phones away.
- Vermont Strong – Hope for those still struggling from Irene – Peace to All
- Occupy Burlington is still alive and well! Visit www.occupyburlington.org for more info!
- Gadzooks! My mother voted for Gingrich! Why not Huntsman as Obama’s veep?
- You’re a Vermonter if your car trunk doubles as extra freezer space.
- Tomorrow is my Birthday, so I yell “Hooray, I’m almost ten today!”
- Front Porch Forum here to stay put your check in mail today.
- Scanty snow and deep freezes; kill the deer ticks under the leaveses.
- Read Front Porch Forum every day. Hear about local happenings right away!
- Bed and breakfasts? Places to stay? Seeking rooms for the wedding day.
- My baby is eating solid foods. Now we need a high chair.
- Excellent Sony KV24FS120 TV, too large for me, is yours for free.
- Books, movies, magazines, and free wireless Internet all at your local library.
- Oh what fun it is to read Front Porch Forum today, hey!
- Run for local office. Pick up petitions at your local town office
- I have promises to keep; And miles to go before I sleep
- Is there fluoride in our town water? Who can tell me please?
- I spent my childhood praying to have children and they are amazing!
- Twelve words does it take for a twelve word entry to make.
- Brrrr, chilly outside; please keep all pets warm … bring them INSIDE!
- No fishermen on Barber’s Pond – Ice too thin… ‘fraid to fall in.
- find, sell, give, ask, inform; vent, warn, live, your Front Porch Forum
- Words are elusive. Twelve to play the Front Porch game? Embrace Brevity!
- Wanted to borrow: An infrared camera to do my own energy audit.
- Best bumper sticker: ” I am from Vermont, I do what I want!”
- Our rat, Pepper, has died. Free fish tank for your small critter.
- Currently looking for an occasional babysitter for our thirteen month old son.
- Fabulous babysitter, evenings or weekends. EHS sophomore, great with kids. References available.
- Mint repels mice. Store towel soaked in mint oil in glove compartment.
- Several free bunnies looking for a home. Call or email if interested.
- Looking for cheap used mandolin, an instrument to learn on, nothing fancy!
- I’m thankful to live in a town where lively public discussions flourish.
- I love black turkeys on white snow beside a mint green stream.
- two bassets want pals to chase, one dachshund wants to play ball
- Wishes for a peaceful and healthy 2012 to all of my neighbors!
- To work I cannot go. Head to Sugarbush – they make snow.
- This 12 word contest sure is attracting a lot of interesting entries.
- With the light always on, Community breaths through the Porch of Vermont.
- Front Porch Forum My news of the Neighborhood. Well done. Thank you.
- Let’s promise to be kind to one another in the New Year.
- Littered trash beware, South Burlington residents care. You will be evicted, deposed.
- I am seeking help with snow removal; seeking snow first, removal second.
- Used mind for sale; fair condition; sometimes wanders randomly; best reasonable offer.
- I wanted the pygmy goats but I need new goat shed first!
- Get fit by joining snap fitness gym it is local and awesome.
- Twelve words is not enough to say what I want to say.
- My tires don’t inspire buyers. Should price be higher? Plight is dire.
- Conquering dark solitude. We dance grinning, hand in hand, enjoying the band
- Snowshoe! Sled! Skate! Ski! But how? Winter, O Winter, where art thou?
- In our house, a happy quorum: Read/Post/Love “Front Porch Forum”.
- Moving is fun ooowhee! Come one, come all, to see what’s free!
- Finally reached my diet goal. With my luck, I’ll win the chocolates.
- Broadband… please; Teacher contract renewed; Lost animals found; MORE SNOW! Community United.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently!
- Never look down on someone else unless you are helping them up!
- Twelve words that’s it. To challenge our wit. Really a tight fit.
- When it snows, our lawn looks just as nice as the neighbor’s.
- My kids are ice cream and LCC crazy; I must post this.
- Wanted: Random Acts of Kindness. Offer a helping hand to your neighbor.
- The Wolf Full Moon hiding in Middlesex behind the low hazy clouds.
- We have been car free since Labor Day! It’s great. Thanks, CarShare!
- I miss the Alchemist. I love Cork. Looking forward to Prohibition Pig.
- Broken straps, Replaced free. Tubbs snowshoes, Lifetime guarantee. Deep snow, same deal?
- Wanted: atmospheric water vapor frozen into crystals and falling in white flakes
- Town roads. To pave, or not to pave: that is the question.
- Seen today at intersection of Common Way and Greenbush: three legged fox!
- Even if you fall on your face, you are still moving forward.
- Angel Dog is not a family movie. Do not rent for kids.
- This is my first post! I work for Girl Scouts. Wanna volunteer?
- Wanted: atmospheric water vapor frozen into crystals and falling in white flakes.
- Hey all Bristol folks, remember to shop local, close to our homes.
- The snowy owl made it to Vermont, maybe there will be twelve?
- That’s how it is with Fred; people like to eat his bread.
- The sleeping cats hug the heat vents dreaming about the summer sun.
- A little peace on Earth, and big piece of pie for dessert.
- Sometimes I wonder: what would I Do if I couldn’t eat cheese?