#BTV #VT – Enter the 13 Words for 2013 FPF Raffle and win a $100 prize! Enter before noon Jan. 10… just submit a posting to your Front Porch Forum that contains EXACTLY 13 words and you’ll be in the running for one of these great prizes…
• One Bash Badge for Smugglers’ Notch Resort
• Two lift tickets for Mad River Glen
• Two lift tickets for Bolton Valley
• One overnight room at The Essex Resort & Spa
• $100 gift certificate to Leunig’s Bistro & Lounge
• $100 gift certificate to Bluebird Barbecue
• One-month family membership to The Edge
I’ll post some of the entries here later… see submissions from past years here. Happy posting!
UPDATE: The 13 Words for 2013 Raffle is CLOSED. Here are the lucky winners of the drawing…
One Bash Badge for Smugglers’ Notch Resort
Jyles Yates, Berlin FPF
• Five below, a hot cup of cocoa, Husband’s outside, I think he’s loco.
Two lift tickets for Mad River Glen
Jane Agran, Richmond FPF
• I am living where I am now because of awesome Front Porch Forum!
Two lift tickets for Bolton Valley
Charlie Magill, Williston FPF
• My father’s advice: Find ways to enjoy the things you have to do.
One overnight room at The Essex Resort & Spa
Cheryl Gosselin, West Rutland FPF
• To those who ordered through FPF 2012, daughter’s troop disbanded, no cookies, sorry!
$100 gift certificate to Leunig’s Bistro & Lounge
Adriane Paige, Isle La Motte FPF
• Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
$100 gift certificate to Bluebird Barbecue
Mark Benton, New Haven FPF
• My wife and I are quitting smoking after thirty years. Wish us luck.
One-month family membership to The Edge
Greg Goyette, South Burlington FPF
• “DADDY! Look at my snowfort… WOOHOOOOO!!!” A routine driveway shoveling suddenly became unforgettable.
Here are some of the 1,300 entries… good stuff:
• Every day in January has more light than the last one. Thank God.
• My husband, my friend, our love will not end. I love you Steve!
• Let’s all rally around Vicky and Horace who lost their home to fire!
• If we could have had our Grandaughter first we wouldn’t have had kids.
• People who live in glass houses ought to get dressed in the basement.
• If one reads FPF long enough one hears all sides of a story!
• Nothing can replace, Front Porch Forum, It sets the pace, For eliminating boredom.
• Too many blonds in the family to keep track. Thankfully neighbors can count.
• Be the first in your neighborhood to help keep Burlington Telecom Local – www.KeepBTlocal.com
• Does anyone know the legal load limit for Grove Street? I am curious.
• Step outside what´s familar. Walk, listen, learn, be there. No expectations. Return refreshed.
• I love Front Porch Forum and do not even have a front porch.
• Dalai Lama asks in pizza shop, can you make me one with everything?
• Why do penguins swim in salt water? Because pepper water makes them sneeze!
• Heat makes things expand. I’m not overweight, I’m just a little too warm.
• All year, $13 FPF donation for each desired result. Wanted: re-home two guineapigs.
• I love the five sister’s neighborhood. My friends are here. We climb trees. Lia (age 8)
• Vintage wedding dress: 1953, once white, now rich ivory, satiny, lace, lovely– $100.
• Everyone i know is having babies, i better learn to hold them soon.
• Neighbors helping neighbors, now that’s a motto we can all feel good about!
• Why not put an ice rink in the Oakledge Park? Skating is fun!
• Two years into perfect carpool met on Front Porch Forum. With gratitude, Helen
• thanks to the gentlemen who pushed my car over the snow on winooski!
• Headline: Toddler sets downhill speed record at Bolton. Anyone have a used harness?
• Thanks Front Porch Forum for bringing our community together, and for the raffle!
• Thanks to Front Porch Forum for another community strengthening and fun facilitating year!
• A decade living here, 2013 is time to get more involved. Hello neighbors!
• Wonderful way to exercise, socialize, relax, think, see how your neighborhood is doing.
• Questions, concerns and community awareness, what’s not to love about Front Porch Forum?
• There is no way I could limit my FPF accolades to thirteen words!
• Looking for a wild ride? Night sledding down Philo is quite a rush.
• Have you ever noticed there are thirteen letters in the words, “thirteen words?!”
• Why aren’t elephants allowed at Shelburne Beach? They can’t keep their trunks up!
• I asked Freja to write something for this raffle but she said “No!”.
• My hope for you, my Essex neighbors is life, love, peace and happiness!
• Feeders full, Birds of all kinds. Cat on the sill, losing her mind!
• Husband bought a boat, so now chickens for me. Coop for sale, anyone?
• Went over the fiscal cliff with only my wallet to break the fall.
• Wise words from Mom, “Forgiving is not forgetting. It’s remembering and letting go.”
• From hunting laws, to deicing roofs, I learn so much on this forum.
• Skeleton walked into a bar and said, “Give me beer and a mop.”
• What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros? Hellifino!
• I have concluded that the future is not what it used to be.
• The chances of a raffle are nice, but having a community is priceless.
• What do you call a crate full of ducks? A box of quackers!
• What did the chef say about the tiny pickle? That’s no big dill!!
• Cat walking on keyboard drives me absolutely bonkers, but I love her anyway.
• Help! Held hostage by two old TVs. 22-inch and 21-inch. Both work. Free.
• Bindings broke, I’m in a pickle, Any snowshoes out there for a nickel?
• Richmond’s Front Porch Forum is one of the most interesting in the state.
• Have you heard about corduroy pillows? They are making headlines across the nation!
• Nothing inspires such false hope as the first four hours of a diet.
• From the mouth of babes: “Mommy, I’m not watching tv, I’m watching Netflix!”
• Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it right now.
• Posted our lost cat on FPF. Responses aplenty. He was found. FPF ROCKS!!
• Lots of holiday company. Lots of left overs. Want to come for dinner?
• Knee surgery last winter. Grounded. One year later…bring on snow and snowshoes!
• How lucky we are to have Front Porch Forum at our fingertips everyday.
• No bears allowed says the sign at my bird feeder. Grrr says bear.
• Roses they are red. Violets are blue. Everyone I know. Loves FPF too.
• A termite walked into a bar and asked, “Is the bar tender here?”
• What do you call a heifer after she gives birth? Decaffeinated. Get it?
• How many ways can we say how much we enjoy Front Porch Forum?
• Oh, glorious Vermont, how lucky we are to live here. Love thy neighbor.
• Thanks, FPF, for connecting me to my Valley neighbors, even in the winter!
• I’m glad that Northfield joined FPF. It helps me feel connected to neighbors.
• Hurricane Irene hit hard but showed us what wonderful people our neighbors are!
• Waiting is imprudent so the time is now to act on your dreams!
• If we look at everyone we see as holy, then peace will come.
• This raffle will get you used to posting on the Front Porch Forum.
• seeking clean loveseat for my nonprofit office. cheap is good, free is better. (o:
• And I love winning things! Leunig’s is my favorite restaurant. Got fingers crossed!
• Vermont is such a special place to live. I feel so blessed everyday.
• Seeking local, sustainable, community-oriented renewable energy sources? FPF will fill your tank.
• I apologize. The beautiful white snow on each corner is now yellow. Django.
• “All a woman needs is a little love and a lot of chocolate.”
• Winter…be warned…hellebore, crocus, tulip, daffodil, hyacinth and iris wait to spring.
• Tell everyone in your ‘hood, test every battery before calling it no good!
• Thanks Front Porch Forum for keeping neighbors connected to each other in 2013.
• Living in Burlington, Vermont is a gift beyond compare. Lake, Mountains, Sky, Community!
• Drag your tree to a group for pick-up; Christmas trees look better together!
• Blades scrape, pucks clatter; I don’t even skate but our rink rocks…THANKS! Becky Galvin
• Quote: Use it up, wear it out, make it do or go without!
• Why did the Komodo Dragon cross the road? To get to the commode!
• I love free stuff… Neighbors offer free stuff on FPF… I love FPF!
• This forum makes my day! Found glove, used skis or cat gone astray!
• Gratitude is the attitude to lighten up the mood of any brooding dude
• “Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.”
• I would like to say I appreciate everything you’ve done for me, FPF
• On FPF such great treats I find, like GS cookies, just my kind!
• Thirteen words? What would I write about? Seems too hard. I give up.
• 2012 record high temperatures. The universe may be unlimited, the Earth is not.
• Please consider school board run. Two seats open. We need thoughtful, new participants!
• Any screws, nails, hardware, antique tools to get rid of please contact me.
• Cold winds gone. Dog bored. Squirrels restless. Must mean mud in my future.
• Thirteen is my lucky number. I’m not just saying this. Or am I?
• Anyone have a good contractor they would recommend to improve existing attic insulation?
• While wearily waiting, we wonder when westerly winds will weaken wicked winter weather.
• Seeking local, personable, reliable, reasonably priced mechanic for vehicle whose warranty is up!
• What has no head during the day but at night gets it back?
• Snowshoeing on a blanket of snow over my sleeping garden, dreaming of Spring!
• We all witnessed an absolutely beautiful sunrise this morning from Brigham Hill Road
• Although a thaw this weekend, please remember shovel out hydrants during next snow.
• An opportunity for free, just add some spice. A neighborly jester. Why not!
• Arm chair with slipcover available. Free for Front Porch members, $25 on Craigslist!
• I would like to take this opportunity to thank Front Porch Forum for
• I see rabbits in my yard all summer. Why only tracks in winter?
• Troop 692 thanks the community for donations and support for x-mas tree pickup.
• Thankful for the snow in December 2012 and hoping for more in 2013!
• Two feet of snow and more coming! Who has the White Mountain now?
• If I win this raffle contest, thirteen will become my new lucky number!
• Everyone likes to win prizes. Is the prize possibly simply in the playing?
• Real Vermonters don’t leave when it’s below zero; we’re froze to the ground!
• Colchester is two hundred fifty years old in twenty thirteen. Celebrate, COMMUNITY, Colchester!
• “Most… lead lives… quiet desperation… go to… grave with… song still in them.”
• News Flash! Number Thirteen finally given chance to prove itself a lucky number!
• Quotation from Anais Nin: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage”
• Find your pet, someone to help you, a new home for unwanted stuff!
• Snowmobiles drove through *my lawn.* This is a no-no. Marshmallow cannon standing by.
• Free studded snow tires, size 235/75R15. Call 635-8336. And here’s 5 more words!
• Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! I need someone. Help!
• How lucky I am to have the wonderful neighbors living in Summer Woods.
• I love the grace and thrill of skiing Hate the cost Pick me!
• Front Porch Forum spreads the word Just like a cute little tweety bird!
• Thank you for all the great snow already in 2013 – all is forgiven
• Would I shamelessly post to FPF for first time to win prizes? Yes!
• A skeleton walks into a bar, says, Gimme a beer and a mop!
• Thirteen words bring me luck so at Leunig’s I may dine on duck.
• chickadees, honeybees and beautious birch trees, microbrews slopes at noon; i love vermont.
• mother nature grows iller, political banter needs to shed the filler, talk truth
• In Tinmouth, potatoes grow small. You have to eat ‘em skin and all.
• The news begins with “Good Evening”, then proceeds to tell you it isn’t.
• In the deep midwinter, snow on snow on snow, not so long ago.
• Lift up your heart and eyes to meet the ardor of the stars.
• Terrifying troublesome truck trouble tempting traumatized troubleshooter towards towing truck to Timbuktu tomorrow.
• I will try to keep this lean, with nothing more than lucky thirteen.
• Middlesex is booming with joy, kindness and creativity. Can you feel the vibrations?
• Seeking magical Vermont “potion” to remember that, somewhere, out there, awaits bucolic summer
• Temperatures rising, go and get ready; hurry and snowshoe, ski and go sledding.