The Citizens in a Connected Age workshop advances the computer and Internet skills learned through the Vermont State Colleges and Vermont Small Business Development Center courses offered in each e-Vermont project town.
However, ANY Vermonter with basic computer skills can attend this workshop!
- Website communication tools.
- Social media – strategies for incorporating it into a business, government or personal life, with computer lab time.
- Troubleshooting technology – how to diagnose a problem with applications.
- Data security – backing up data, protecting private information.
- Marketing a business online.
- Google applications – why use Google apps, with computer lab time.
- Weighing the risks and benefits of online financial transactions.
- Digital storytelling for educators.
- Best practices for e-government websites.
When and Where
- Saturday, December 11, 2010
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Castleton State College, Castleton, Vermont
- $10 registration fee – includes course offerings, refreshments and lunch.
- Options for online registration: pay by credit card online, or register online and pay at the door. We cannot accept credit cards at the workshop.
- Download the workshop poster (pdf).
For more information
Contact Joanna Cummings, e-Vermont Community Coordinator: email@example.com
- The e-Vermont Community Broadband Project website: http://e4vt.org
- The Snelling Center’s e-Vermont website: http://www.snellingcenter.org/public-policy/e-vermont